Thursday, July 10, 2008

Updated photos on Black and Blue Salvia





I did a post a few weeks back about my long, lost salvia that I thought wasn't returning this summer but then surprised me! Love those kind of surprises! It is now in it's early blooming stage. I think in another week or two it should look real good. If you want to attact hummingbirds to your yard, this is the plant for you.


In the bottom picture I tried to get a pic of the bloom. It is actually more purple than it looks in this picture. I have it planted in the back yard next to some pink and purple angelonias. Sorry for the blurriness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty salvia Susie. I've never seen that variety before. What is the little yellow flower in the picture. Yellow & purple are a great combination too. Your flowerbed looks nice and neat. :)

Susie said...

p.g. that little yellow flower is my New Gold lantana. This bed is in the front of my house and I have three n.g. lantanas planted there. Thanks for complimenting my beds, I just put down two bales of pinestraw on them.

Eve said...

I love blue flowers and I never think of salvia when I think blue. I have always had the red color. I need to check this out. Your beds look great.
I am a Lantana fanatic. I especially love the new one I found this year. It is rusty color with gold and is so pretty.

Susie said...

Thanks Eve, you definitely should check out this salvia.(Salvia guaranitica)is the botanical for it.

You should take a pic of your lantana you mentioned. It sounds really pretty. We had one at work this year called Dallas Red which was gorgeous!