Friday, July 11, 2008

Morning coffee.........







This morning while having coffee I looked out the window and saw these two little doves strolling through the yard. Of course, they were headed up the slope to below the bird feeder. When we lived in GA we use to see them all the time in our backyard. Now that the birds have finally found our feeder, the doves have started coming around here. I love to hear them cooing. It reminds me of when I use to spend time at my grandparents home in the summertime.



While I was taking a picture of the doves, Woody Woodpecker came in for his morning drink. He/she comes to our bird bath every morning. Actually, we see lots of these birds here. They are lots of fun to watch.

3 comments:

Eve said...

That is one georgeous woodpecker. : )

Becky said...

Oh, I love Woody and the doves! Doves mate for life, isn't that the sweetest thing!!! Did ya'll have a nice dinner with Tommy and Frances? Have a wonderful weekend sissy. Luv ya.

Anonymous said...

Great picture of the woodpecker. I haven't seen one of those in my yard. I get lots of doves though.