Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Priceless..........

Since everything is quite in the garden(except for that exceptionally large tomato worm munching down his dinner) I decided to write about the wonderful things God gives us to enjoy on this earth. You know, kind of like the credit card commercial where things are priceless. So here's a few things I find priceless:





  • The feel of soft soil crumbling between my fingers.


  • The hum of a hummingbird as he flies close


  • Watching a bird splashing in a bird bath


  • The first sign of a new seedling erupting from the ground


  • The smell of mowed grass


  • Feeling a big lump in your throat and tears in your eyes when you feel moved at church


  • Seeing leaves change to amazing colors in autumn


  • Laughter


  • Watching baby birds trying to find the courage to leave their nest and fly


  • Sitting on the beach, smelling the salty air and listening to the sound of the surf


  • Seeing a rainbow


  • Memories of spending time with my grandparents when I was a child


  • The warmth of sunshine on a cold winter day


  • Friendship

  • Watching large, fluffy white clouds float by on a beautiful blue background

These are just a few things that God gives us to enjoy. I could name a million more. So many people are caught up with having material posessions they can't see the free things in life. What a shame.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true Susie, so true. I think we all should take time to think about the things in our lives that are priceless such as our loved ones. Your list says it all. Thank you for reminding me how blessed we all are daily.

Becky said...

Oh sis, I love this. It's all so true. I also love it when the sun is glistening on water and when I am riding in a car in a shaded area and the sun comes thru the trees and shines on my face.

Eve said...

We had a scare back last August when my DH went in with a sore arm and ended up in the hospital with four stents in his heart. He didn't have that massive heart attack but he could have. Now we know what is important and it is ot anything money can buy.

I would add:

Hearing your DH breathing next to me at night.

Watching my little dog and how brave he is now that he is losing his sight.

Having all our family together on the Fourth and hearing thier laughter.

Eve said...

Well, not your DH,,,mine,,sorry, didn't mean to snatch your DH. LOL

Susie said...

Eve,

I couldn't agree more with you about my DH breathing next to me. He is a "loud" breather and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and don't hear him. This sounds crazy but I will just touch him slightly to make sure he's still with me.

Bless your husbands heart (literally), I'm glad he's okay.