Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Adventure Begins............



We're back!!! We just returned home from our wonderful cruise. I've decided to write about a couple of days at a time instead of getting bogged down with adding many photos at once. We got up on 6/4 about 2:30 a.m. for our 6:00 flight to NY. This pic was taken about 3:30 before leaving the house. It took about 30 - 45 minutes to drive to the airport. When the ticket counter finally opened at 4:45 we got in the check-in line. We were flying Delta by the way. When we approached the desk, we were not greeted with a happy "Good Morning" but with "You have an invalid passport" and hands it back to me. Okay, this is not something you want to hear this early in the morning. David and I exchanged glances and both our hearts jumped up in our throats. Then she says, "You haven't signed it". Okay, so I don't know about you but I think this could have been handled a little bit better such as, "Good morning and oh my goodness, you need to sign your passport". Or anything would have been better. Then when I asked to borrow her pen, she acted like it killed her to do so. Whatever happened to a little kindness?

No comments: