Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A little sunshine never hurt anyone





Okay, so I have decided to give this blogging thing a try. So, just hang with me while I adjust. Since moving to MS, I have done lots of gardening. Our house came with grass, shrubs, very little trees and lots of sunshine. I miss having shade but decided to think positive and have a vegetable garden. So far I have planted tomatoes(many varieties), peppers(sweet and hot), cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower(I'm very excited about these cause they are all producing). I have also planted red and white onions, squash, cucumbers, zucchini, and elephant garlic. So far so good, except I had a big war with slugs/snails. They lost! I have also planted some perennials and annuals in this bed.

5 comments:

Cortney said...

Oh my goodness! I am so excited that you started a blog! I wish I lived right next door, so you could share your goodies with me!!! Yummy.

Becky said...

YEA!!!! I am sooooo excited too!!! Your garden looks so good. I had good intentions, but, still haven't planted a veggie yet.

Luv ya becjane

Cousin Carol said...

How fun. Looks like there will be some good eats in the Walker family this summer. Great idea to start a Blog - maybe I need to do that. Carol

Becky said...

Hey Susie-Q,

I like tomatoes,squash,peppers, etc. So just a reminder that my address is still the same. Your garden looks great!

Keep up the good work, and remember tomatoes are best when you pick green, cut thin, and then release in "real hot grease"!

Have a good day. Big Al

kymberly said...

Wow girl, your green thumb is strong, I wish I had the talent!! I get A's for effort for trying though, I have planted 20 tress/shrubs already this spring and have not even started my garden yet, hopefully next week, I may be calling for advice....