Friday, May 23, 2008

The latest from the garden.....






So far things are looking pretty good in my garden. All except this broccoli. Okay, I know what you're thinking. This guy should have been harvested a few days back. Well I have never grown this veggie before and not sure what to expect. Anyway, to make a long story short, I harvested tonight and steamed them. Actually tasted good, much better than store bought.
My other veggies are doing great except my zucchini. It seems to be slow in growing. My yellow squash is the straight variety and not crooked neck. It is called "Goldbar" and is doing great! Peppers and tomatoes are all producing and my elephant garlic is blooming. I have to decide if I am going to harvest it or let it go dormant for next year.
Well I guess this about covers it for now. We had lots of wonderful rain last night so all my plants look happy today.

No comments: