Thursday, September 15, 2011

Where I have been...................

For anyone left reading this blog, no I haven't fallen off the earth. A few months ago I decided I needed a career change and went for it big time. I began the process of trying to become gainfully employed with Southwest airlines. As the good Lord above would have it I succeeded.(much to my surprise).


Needless to say it has been a long road. After all the interview process I went to training in Dallas,TX for 4 weeks in June-July and then immediately went to work. I am stationed in Baltimore and commute there.This was my view for 4 weeks out of my hotel window in Dallas. Not exciting I know but I spent most of my time at school.Luckily I had this lovely area to walk and explore. It was across the street at a beautiful hotel.
We spent several hours in a maintenance hangar going thru this jet. I cannot imagine having to learn all those buttons and controls.I can't believe how big those jet engines are. My goodness! I truly have been blessed. It's a crazy life I'm living right now and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I have really missed everyone and hope all is well.


16 comments:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I was just looking at your blog the other day wondering what you've been up to. Glad it's because you had something new and interesting going on.

Unknown said...

Good for you, Susie! I've been wondering about you, I'm glad you stopped long enough to drop us a line. I've often thought if I had to chose another career it would be a flight attendant. I love to travel and thought this would give me more opportunity to do that. Perhaps you will find some beautiful gardens during your layovers and show them on here. I look forward to hearing more.

RURAL said...

Way to go, and congrats. Good for you, tell us more now.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Dorothy said...

Hi Susie,
Thanks for stopping by my blog! We miss you but I know you are having fun in your new job. We would like to hear more when you have time to blog about it.
Love and happy flying,
Dorothy

Connie said...

Congratulations on your new career, Susie! Sounds exciting! :)

KathyB. said...

Good for you and congratulations! I have missed you, but it appears you're well. How much digging in the dirt will you be doing now?

Love the song that starts up with your blog. I have given that CD to a few people and it is a very special CD to me.

I am hoping your new career will take us all vicariously on new trips, travels, and adventures, please?

Rose said...

Good to have you back, Susie! Wow, what a career change you've made; it sounds exciting. Getting to travel so much does sound like fun. I wish you all the best in this new adventure in life.

HolleyGarden said...

What an exciting career choice! I hope you love it, and that all your flights are smooth and easy!

Anonymous said...

We've missed you Susie, but glad you are doing well and enjoying this new job. :)

The JR said...

Congrats and good luck.

Glad you are liking it so much.

Jacquie Wallace said...

So excited for you, Susie! And we've missed you, too!

Anonymous said...

Add my name to the list of those who have really missed you. So happy for you that you are enjoying this career change and I sure hope you'll share some pics of your travels. You are never far from our thoughts!!!

Chloe m said...

That is very exciting news! I hope you enjoy this career change, and many new adventures!.
Love that photo of you sitting in the jet engine. :)

Karen said...

Glad to hear about your new career Susie, and nice to visit your blog again. I have been "off and on" myself, but love hearing from everyone. God bless you.

A. Joy said...

Yes Susie, I did wonder where you'd gone but figured wherever you were you'd be enjoying life to the fullest! I've always wanted to be a flight attendant - if I ever have to get a career - I think I'd try for that one. Woderful to see you made it into your new career and wonderful to see your posts on here again!

D said...

Susie, I think of you from time to time and wonder.. now I don't have to. How wonderful that you are doing that which you want to do. Blessings dear lady.

PS: great photos